Player’s Registration and Waiver (for All Players)
- All Players (including team captains) must fill out and submit the registration waiver and release form
- A copy of your waiver will be emailed to you and your team captain, as they are responsible to turn in your team’s registration and all of the players’ waiver forms
Team Registration and Payment (for Team Captain’s only)
- Only the Team Captain should fill out this form
- Team captains must also fill out the player registration above
- One team registration per team
- Your registration is valid only once payment is received.
Register & Pay for your team now > (Team Captain’s only!)
Schedule for tomorrow Saturday, July 14, 2018:
Date: July 14, 2018 8am to 4pm (Team’s Check-in: 7:00am)
Venue: Turtle Bay Resorts
Turtle Bay Tourney (T2) will consist both youth and adult divisions which are Mens A/AA, Mens B/Masters, Womens A/AA, Womens B/Masters, Industry Co-Ed, Youth 16U, Youth 14U, and Youth 12U. Divisions may be combined or dropped if insufficient entries.
This is a 4 man grass tournament but you are allowed up to 6 players on your roster. All divisions will begin with pool play and conclude with playoffs.
T-Shirts– All persons registering before July 2nd will receive a T-shirt. If not registered before the deadline no shirt will be issued to you.
Format*: 4 team Round Robin for 2 rounds; all teams advance to single elimination playoff. Each team is limited 6 players. 4 player format with substitution on every change (7 points). Pool play will be 1 game first to 25,. Playoffs will be 1 game to 25, rally score with no cap. Finals will be 1 game to 25, rally score with no cap. NO additions to roster as soon as tournament starts
* Tournament Format may change based on number of teams registered
Registration Info: Early registration deadline: July 2nd, 2018. FINAL DEADLINE JULY 11th; no entries accepted after July 2nd without $25 late fee; List all players on the Team Registration Form (link above). All players MUST fill out waiver form (link above). Rain or Shine tournament will proceed. In case of natural disaster or inclement weather entry fee will be forwarded on to the next tournament and prize money will be doubled. NO REFUNDS once team is entered.
Entry Fee: $175 (before 7/2/18), & $200 (7/3-7/11/18) per team. Youth: $100/team.
- FREE Parking
- Limited to one (1) 10×10 tent space per team. 10×10 tent space is first come first serve
- NO COOLERS ALLOWED
- NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED
- Food Vendors: Ahi Assassins, Uncle Glenn’s Hawaiian Food, Jess Da Best, Shana’s Shave Ice, Dippin’ Dots Hawaii, Tea Girls Hawai`i
- Craft Vendors: House of Jax, Ku Charms, Paparazzi, Essential Mind Body/DoTERRA, Damsel in Defense
- Therapeutic Surrender Professional Massage will also be on-site
- The group “Onward” will be playing at 12 noon!
- DJWicked’C is the T2’s Official DJ
Raffle Tickets: Will be available for purchase during registration
- $1 per ticket OR $5 for 7 tickets.
- Tickets must be purchased during registration.
- Raffle entries must contain first AND last name of recipient.
- Raffles numbers will be called throughout the day.
- Winners will have up to one (1) hour of number being called to claim prize.
- MC will recall winners within the hour.
EACH TEAM will be assigned games to officiate. Please check the schedule for your assigned work times. Each team must provide a first and second referee, a scorekeeper, and two lines persons.If you are late, you will be penalized a point for every minute you are late. If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will forfeit the first set of your next game.
General Grass Rule
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can all players attack the ball “front row” or is there a specific rule that states only 2 or 3 players are able to do so in any given rotation?
– All players are live to attack.
- Do players need to rotate positions (and consider overlaps) or just rotate servers?
– There is no set positions but you must stay in a service rotation.
- No open hand tips correct? Just rollshots/off speed?
– NO open hand tips only roll shots and poke shots
- Can you use hands to receive a serve (like the indoor rule that states a double on the first contact isnʻt a fault)?
– Using hands on serve receive is OK.
- How many timeouts are we allowed in each game?
– One timeout per set.
- What are the substitution rules?
– You are able to sub on the 7 point switch and NO other time.
- What type of shoes do I wear?
– You are able to wear shoes, barefoot, or slippers. NO shoes with cleats
- Is there a center line?
– There is a center line that can’t be crossed at ALL, even after the balls is dead.
- One female must be on the court at all times
- A female must touch the ball once out of the three touches
- Females are aloud to attack on the net
- Males are to attack from the 10ft. line and land behind the 10ft. line.
- Males may not penetrate when blocking
- ALL other grass rules apply